Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: In||Elizabeth Inchbald
|English novelist and dramatist; married actor Joseph Inchbald (1735–1779); daughter of John Simpson.|
- Mogul Tale (1784)
- I'll Tell you What (1785)
- Appearance is against Them (1785)
- Such Things Are
- The Married Man
- The Wedding Day
- A Simple Story (1791)
- Nature and Art (1796)
- Lovers' Vows (1796)
- The British Theatre; Or, A Collection of Plays in 25 vols.
- The Modern Theatre in 10 vols.
Works about Inchbald
- “Inchbald, Mrs. Elizabeth,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons
- “Elizabeth Inchbald,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, (ed.) by Charles G. Herbermann and others, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- “Inchbald, Elizabeth,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Inchbald, Mrs Elizabeth”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911)