|←Author Index: Da||Erasmus Darwin
|English physician, natural philosopher, physiologist, abolitionist, inventor and poet.|
- A System of Vegetables (1783, 2 volumes)
- translation of Carl Linnaeus' Systema Vegetabilium (13th edition)
- The Families of Plants (1787)
- translation of Linnaeus' Genera Plantarum
- The Botanic Garden
- Zoonomia (1794; 3 parts)
- A plan for the conduct of female education in boarding schools (1797)
- Phytologia (1800)
- The Temple of Nature (1806–1807)
Works about Darwin
- “Darwin, Erasmus” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Darwin, Erasmus,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Darwin, Erasmus” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Darwin, Erasmus,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Darwin, Erasmus,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.