Author:Ernest Alfred Wallis Budge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Bu||Ernest Alfred Wallis Budge
|Kt; English Egyptologist, Orientalist, and philologist who worked for the British Museum and published numerous works on the ancient Near East |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "E. A. W. B."
- Babylonian Life and History
- The Dwellers by the Nile: Chapters on the Life, Literature, History, and Customs of Ancient Egypt
- The Book of the Dead
- Great Hymn to Aten
- Papyrus of Ani
- (tr.) The Kebra Nagast; or, The Queen of Sheba and Her Only Son Menyelek
- Preface to The Sculptures and Inscription of Darius the Great on the Rock of Behistûn in Persia (1907)
- "Birch, Samuel (1813-1885)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1901 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1901) in 3 vols.
Works about Budge
- "Budge, Ernest A. Wallis, Litt.D., etc.," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)