Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Eu||Euclid
(323 BCE – 285 BCE)
|(Greek: Εὐκλείδης Eukleidēs) also known as Euclid of Alexandria; Greek mathematician, often referred to as the "Father of Geometry"|
Works about Euclid
- “Eucleides of Alexandria”, by Augustus de Morgan in Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology, 1870.
- “Euclid” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1875–1889).
- "Euclid," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Euclid of Alexandria," in The Nuttall Encyclopædia, (ed.) by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd. (1907)
- "Euclid," by John Sturgeon Mackay in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Euclid," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
On his works