Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ba||Francis Baily
|English astronomer; famous for his observations of 'Baily's beads' during an eclipse of the Sun|
- Auszug aus einem Briefe des Herrn Baily an den Herausgeber, Astronomische Nachrichten Issue 42
- On Mr. Babbage's new machine for calculating and printing mathematical and astronomical tables, Astronomische Nachrichten Issue 46
Works about Baily
- "Baily, Francis," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Baily, Francis," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Baily, Francis," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)