Author:Frank Merry Stenton
|←Author Index: St||Frank Merry Stenton
|Doris Stenton.British medieval historian; Research Fellow (1908–12), Professor of History (1912–46) and Vice-Chancellor (1946–56) of the University of Reading; President of the Royal Historical Society (1937–45); elected a Fellow of the British Academy in 1926 and knighted in 1948; husband of|
This list of Stenton's publications from 1909 to 1922 is based on the bibliography in "The Published Works of Frank Merry Stenton", in Doris Mary Stenton (ed.), Preparatory to the Anglo-Saxon England: The Collected Papers of Frank Merry Stenton (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1970), pp. viii–ix.
- The Place-Names of Berkshire, University College, Reading, Studies in Local History (1911).
- The Early History of the Abbey of Abingdon, University College, Reading, Studies in Local History (1913).
- Documents Illustrative of the Social and Economic History of the Danelaw, Records of the Social and Economic History of England and Wales, no. 5 (British Academy, 1920).
- Transcripts of Charters Relating to Gilbertine Houses (Lincoln Record Society, 1922).
Articles and book chapters
- "Æthelweard's Account of the Last Years of King Alfred's Reign" in The English Historical Review, 24, pp. 79−84
- "Types of Manorial Structure in the Northern Danelaw", Oxford Studies in Social and Legal History, 2 (1910), pp. 3–96.
- "The Antiquity of Abbots Bromley", Folklore, 21 (1910), pp. 386-387.
- "Early Manumissions at Staunton, Nottinghamshire" in The English Historical Review, 26, pp. 93−97
- "The Danes at Thorney Island in 893" in The English Historical Review, 27, pp. 512−513
- "The Village Community in England", in The Handbook of Folk-Lore (1914), pp. 188-192.
- "Review: E. T. Leed, Archaeology of the Anglo-Saxon Settlements" in The English Historical Review, 30, pp. 103−107
- "An Early Inquest Relating to St. Peter's, Derby" in The English Historical Review, 32, pp. 47−48
- "Review: Sir Henry H. Holworth's Golden Days of the Early English Church" in The English Historical Review, 33, pp. 255−259
- "Sokemen and the Village Waste" in The English Historical Review, 33, pp. 344−377
- "The Supremacy of the Mercian Kings" in The English Historical Review, 33, pp. 433−452
- "Historical Revisions: 'The Danes of England'", History, 5 (1921), pp. 173-177.
- "The Study of English Place-Names", History, 6 (1921), pp. 198-202.
- "St. Benet of Holme and the Norman Conquest" in The English Historical Review, 37 (1922), pp. 225−235
- J. C. Holt, "Stenton, Sir Frank Merry", Oxford Dictionary of National Briography (online edition, Oxford University Press, 2006). Retrieved 20 October 2018.