Author:Frederic William Farrar
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Fa||Frederic William Farrar
|British theological writer, evolutionary philologist and a supporter of theoretical Darwinism; wrote fiction; taught at Harrow School and was headmaster at Marlborough College. He successively became Canon of Westminster and Rector of St. Margaret's, Archdeacon of Westminster and Dean of Canterbury; also known as Dean Farrar|
- Language and languages (1878) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- My Object in Life (1883) at (external scan)
- “Jesus Christ” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1881).
Works about Farrar
- "Farrar, Frederic William," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Farrar, Frederic William," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Farrar, Frederic William," in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.