Author:Frederic William Farrar
|←Author Index: Fa||Frederic William Farrar
|Also known as Dean Farrar, he was a theological writer as well as an evolutionary philologist and a supporter of theoretical Darwinism. He wrote fiction as well. He taught at Harrow School and was headmaster at Marlborough College. He successively became Canon of Westminster and Rector of St. Margaret's, Archdeacon of Westminster and Dean of Canterbury.|
- Language and languages (1878) at IA: 1, 2
- My Object in Life (1883) at Google Books
- “Jesus Christ” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1881.
- “Farrar, Frederic William,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Farrar, Frederic William”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911