Author:Frederic William Maitland
|←Author Index: Ma||Frederic William Maitland
English jurist and historian; Downing Professor of Law, Trinity College, Cambridge University
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "F. W. M."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "F. W. M."
- Pleas of the crown for the county of Gloucester, 1884 external scan
- Justice and police, 1885 external scan
- Bracton's Note book. A collection of cases decided in the King's courts during the reign of Henry the Third. 1887 vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
- Why the History of English Law is Not Written, 1888 (short work) external scan
- Select pleas in manorial and other seignorial courts, 1889 external scan
- Three rolls of the King's court in the reign of King Richard the First. A.D. 1194-1195 Published 1891 external scan
- The court baron, 1891 external scan
- English Law and the Renaissance [djvu]
- Domesday Book and Beyond (1896) external scan
- Township and borough, 1898 external scan
- Roman canon law in the Church of England, 1898 external scan
- Magistri Vacarii summa de matrimonio. 1898 (short work) external scan
- History of English Law Before the Time of Edward I, Volume One; Volume Two (Second Edition, 1898) (with Frederick Pollock) external scan
- Political theories of the Middle Age by Otto Friedrich von Gierke, (translator) 1900 external scan
- English law and the renaissance, 1901 external scan
- The charters of the borough of Cambridge, With Mary Bateson, 1901 external scan
- Year Books of Edward II., 1903 vol 1, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, vol 11, vol 12, vol 13, vol 18
- The life and letters of Leslie Stephen, 1906 external scan
- The Constitutional History of England (1908) external scan
- The collected papers of Frederic William Maitland: Downing professor of the laws of England, 1911 vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
- A sketch of English legal history. With Francis Charles Montague, 1915 external scan
- Equity, also the forms of action at common law, 1916 external scan
- “Bracton, Henry de,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “English Law,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Contribution to Cambridge Modern History
- "The Anglican Settlement and the Scottish Reformation" book II, chapter XVI in Cambridge Modern History (1918)
- "The Corporation Sole"
- "The Crown as Corporation"
- "The Unincorporated Body"
- "The Domesday Book"
- "Trust and Corporation"
- Frederic William Maitland; two lectures and a bibliography by Arthur Lionel Smith, 1908 [https://archive.org/details/fredericwilliam02smitgoog
- Frederick William Maitland: Downing professor of the laws of England by Herbert Albert Laurens Fisher, 1910 [https://archive.org/details/frederickwilliam00fishuoft