Author:George Agar Ellis
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: El||George Agar Ellis
- Catalogue of the Principal Pictures in Flanders and Holland (1822) (anon.)
- The True History of the State Prisoner, commonly called The Iron Mask, extracted from documents in the French archives (1826)
- Historical Inquiries respecting the Character of Edward Hyde, Earl of Clarendon, Lord Chancellor of England (1827)
- The Ellis Correspondence. Letters written during the years 1686, 1687, 1688, and addressed to John Ellis, Esq., Secretary to the Commissioners of His Majesty's Revenue in Ireland.... Edited from the originals, with notes and a preface, by the Hon. George Agar Ellis (1829), in 2 vols.
- Life of Frederick the Second, King of Prussia (1832), in 2 vols.
- Dissertation on the Manner and Period of the Death of Richard II, King of England, &c. (1832)
- Dissertation on the Gowrie Conspiracy, 1600, &c. (1833)
- Letters of Horace Walpole, Earl of Orford, to Sir Horace Mann, British Envoy at the Court of Tuscany. Now first published from the originals in the possession of the Earl of Waldegrave. Edited [with sketch of the life of Horace Walpole] by Lord Dover (1833), in 3 vols.
- Lives of Eminent Sovereigns of Modern Europe (1853, 4th ed.)
Works about Ellis
- "Ellis, George James Welbore Agar-," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- “Dover, George James Welbore Agar-Ellis, Baron” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- "Ellis, George James Welbore Agar," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Dover, George James Welbore Agar-Ellis, Baron," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)