Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ba||George Barrington
|Irish-born pickpocket and Australian colonial author|
- A Voyage to Botany Bay, with a description of the country, manners, customs, religion, &c. of the natives London (1801), 8vo
- with a second part entitled ‘A Sequel to Barrington's Voyage to New South Wales, comprising an interesting narrative of the transactions and behaviour of the convicts,’ &c.
- There is another edition printed at New York, n.d. Other editions are entitled ‘An Account of a Voyage to New South Wales, enriched with beautiful coloured prints, London, 1803, 1810, 8vo, with an engraved portrait of the author prefixed.’
- The History of New South Wales, including Botany Bay, Port Jackson, Pamaratta [sic], Sydney, and all its dependancies, from the original discovery of the island &c., London, 1802, 8vo.
- The History of New Holland, from its first discovery in 1616 to the present time London, 1808, 8vo
- the second edition illustrated with maps.
Works about Barrington
- "Barrington, George," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.