Author:George Birkbeck Norman Hill
|←Author Index: Hi||George Birkbeck Norman Hill
English editor and author
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "G. B. H." in vol. 26.
- Dr. Johnson, His Friends and His Critics (1878) 
- The Life of Sir Rowland Hill and the History of Penny Postage (1880) 
- (ed.) Colonel Gordon in Central Africa, 1874-1879 (1885) 
- Footsteps of Dr. Johnson (Scotland) with illus. by Lancelot Speed (1890) 
- (ed.) Boswell's Life of Johnson (1891) in 6 vols.
- Writers and Readers (1892) 
- Harvard College, by an Oxonian (1894) 
- Talks about Autographs (1896) 
- Johnsonian Miscellanies (1897) in 2 vols. v.1 v.2
- (ed.) Letters of Dante Gabriel Rossetti to William Allingham, 1854-1870 (1897) 
- (ed.) Johnson's History of Rasselas, Prince of Abyssinia (1898)
- (ed.) Unpublished letters of Dean Swift (1899) 
- Letters of George Birkbeck Hill (1906), arranged by his daughter Lucy Crump
Works about Hill
- “Obituary: Dr. George Birkbeck Hill” in The Times (1903)
- A Critical Examination of Dr G. Birkbeck Hill's "Johnsonian" Editions
- “Hill, George Birkbeck Norman,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.