Author:George Gabriel Stokes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: St||Sir George Gabriel Stokes
|Navier–Stokes equations), optics, and mathematical physics (including Stokes' theorem)FRS, 1st Baronet; British mathematician and physicist, who at Cambridge made important contributions to fluid dynamics (including the|
- On the Aberration of Light (1845)
- On Fresnel's Theory of the Aberration of Light (1846)
- On the Constitution of the Luminiferous Æther, viewed with reference to the phænomenon of the Aberration of Light (1846)
- On the Constitution of the Luminiferous Æther (1848)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about Stokes
- "Stokes, George Gabriel," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Stokes, Sir George Gabriel," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Stokes, Sir George Gabriel". Who's Who: p. 1323. 1903.