|←Author Index: Gr||Sir George Grove
Macmillan's Magazine from 1868 to 1883; first Director of the Royal College of Music (1882-1894)
Engineer and later English author specialized in music, authority on Beethoven, Schubert and Mendelssohn. Secretary of the Sociey of Arts; first Secretary of the Crystal Palace Company; editor of |
This author wrote articles for A Dictionary of Music and Musicians.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DMM by the initials "G."
- Beethoven and his nine symphonies (1903)
- Geography (1889)
- Life of Mozart (1882)
- A Dictionary of Music and Musicians in 4 vols. (1878 to 1900)
- Macmillan's Magazine ( from 1868 to 1883)
- Beethoven's Ninth Symphony (transcription project)
Works about Grove
- "Death of Sir George Grove" in The Times (1900)
- "Funeral of Sir George Grove" in The Times (1900)
- “Grove, George,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- “Grove, George,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Grove, Sir George,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911