Author:George Jacob Holyoake
|←Author Index: Ho||George Jacob Holyoake
English secularist and co-operator
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "G. J. H."
- Editor of thirty volumes of The Reasoner
- The History of the Last Trial by Jury for Atheism in England (1850) (External scan)
- A New Defence of the Ballot in Consequence of Mr. Mill's Objections to it (1868) (External scan)
- The Principles of Secularism Illustrated ... (1871) (External scan)
- The Limits of Atheism. Or, Why Should Sceptics be Outlaws (1874) (External scan)
- The History of Co-operation in England: Its Literature and Its Advocates (1879)
- Among the Americans: And A Stranger in America (1881)
- Travels in Search of a Settler's Guide-book of America and Canada (1884) (External scan)
- Life of Joseph Rayner Stephens, Preacher and Political Orator (1881) (External scan)
- Self-Help One Hundred Years Ago (External scan)
- The Co-operative Movement of To-Day
- Sixty Years of an Agitator's Life (1893) (External scan)
- The history of the Rochdale Pioneers, 1844-1892 (1900) (External scan)
- Bygones Worth Remembering (1905) in 2 vols.
- The Jubilee History of the Leeds Industrial Co-operative Society from 1817 to 1897
- Allsop, Thomas
- Carlile, Richard
- Doubleday, Thomas
- Edmondson, George
- Edmondson, Thomas
- Hetherington, Henry
- Jones, Lloyd
- King, William (1786-1865)
- Noble, John
- Thomasson, Thomas
Works about Holyoake
- "Obituary: Mr. George Jacob Holyoake" in The Times (1906)
- “Holyoake, George Jacob,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.