Author:George Julius Poulett Scrope
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Considerations on Volcanos (1825) (external scan)
- Memoir on the Geology of Central France, including the Volcanic formations of Auvergne, the Velay and the Vivarais (1827)
- Extracts of letters from poor persons who emigrated last year to Canada and the United States, 1831 (external scan)
- A letter to the magistrates of the south of England: on the urgent necessity of putting a stop to the illegal practice of making up wages out of rates, to which alone is owing the misery and revolt of the agricultural peasantry, 1831 (external scan)
- Principles of political economy, 1833 (external scan)
- [Memoir of the life of the Right Honourable Charles Lord Sydenham, G.C.B., 1843 (external scan)
- Letters to Lord John Russell on the Further Measures for the Social Amelioration of Ireland (1847)
- How to make Ireland self-supporting: or, Irish clearances, and improvement of waste lands, 1848 (external scan)
- A Plea for the Rights of Industry in Ireland,1848 (external scan)
- History of the Manor and Ancient Barony of Castle Combe (1852)
- The Geology and Extinct Volcanoes of Central France, 1858 (external scan)
- Volcanoes. 1862 (external scan)
Works about Scrope
- "Scrope, George Julius Duncombe Poulett," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Scrope, George Julius Poulett," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Scrope, George Julius Poulett," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.