Author:George Somes Layard
|←Author Index: La||George Somes Layard
English writer and biographer.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "G. S. L."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "G. S. L."
- The Life and Letters of Charles Samuel Keene (1892) 
- Tennyson and his pre-Raphaelite illustrators. A book about a book (1894) 
- Mrs. Lynn Linton ; her life, letters, and opinions (1901) 
- Kate Greenaway (1905) with Marion Harry Spielmann 
- Suppressed plates, wood engravings, &c., together with other curiosities germane thereto; being an account of certain matters peculiarly alluring to the collector (1907) 
- A Great "Punch" Editor: Being the Life, Letters, and Diaries of Shirley Brooks (1907) 
- Portraits of Cruikshank by Himself
- Sir Thomas Lawrence's Letter-bag
- An Amateur Detective (1925)
- “Keene, Charles Samuel” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Linton, William James” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Works about Layard
- “Death of George Somes Layard” in The Times (1925)
- “Obituary: George Somes Layard” in The Times (1925)