Author:George William MacArthur Reynolds
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Re||George William MacArthur Reynolds
|generally known as George W. M. Reynolds or G. W. M. Reynolds, was a prolific journalist and author of serial novels; his best-known work was the long-running serial The Mysteries of London (1844)|
- The Youthful Imposter (1835).
- Pickwick Abroad; or, the Tour in France (1837-8). [external scan]
- Alfred; or, the Adventures of a French Gentleman (1838). [external scan]
- Grace Darling; or, the Heroine of the Ferne Islands (1839).
- Robert Macaire in England (alt title: The French Bandit in London) (1839).
- The Modern Literature of France (1839) Non-fiction.
- The Steam Packet: a Tale of the River and Ocean (1840). [external scan]
- Master Timothy's Bookcase (1842).
- The Mysteries of London (1844–48) - weekly serial
- Faust: A Romance of the Secret Tribunals (1847)
- Wagner the Wehr-wolf (1846-7)
- The Days of Hogarth; or, the Mysteries of Old London (1847–48).
- The Coral Island, or the Hereditary Curse (later widely pirated with the title The Mysteries of the Court of Naples) (1848).
- The Mysteries of the Court of London (1848–56)
- The Pixy; or, the Unbaptized Child (1848)
- The Bronze Statue; or, the Virgin's Kiss (1849–50)
- The Seamstress; a Domestic Tale (alt title: The White Slaves of England) (1851)
- Pope Joan, the Female Pontiff (1851)
- Kenneth, a Tale of the Highlands (1851-2)
- The Necromancer (1851-2)
- Mary Price; or the Memoirs of a Servant Girl (1852).
- The Massacre of Glencoe, a Historical Tale (1852-3)
- The Soldier's Wife (alt title: The Cat o' Nine Tails)(1852-3).
- The Ryehouse Plot; or, Ruth, the Conspirator's Daughter (1853-4)
- Joseph Wilmot; or, the Memoirs of a Manservant (1853-4).
- Rosa Lambert; or, the Memoirs of an Unfortunate Woman (aka The Memoirs of a Clergyman's Daughter)(1854-5).
- Agnes; or, Beauty and Pleasure (1854-5).
- Ellen Percy; or, the Memoirs of an Actress (1854-5).
- May Middleton; or, the History of a Fortune (1854-5)
- Loves of the Harem (1855).
- Omar, a Tale of the War (1855-6) (RM).
- Leila; or, the Star of Mingrelia (1856) (RM).
- The Empress Eugenie's Boudoir (1856).
- Margaret; or, the Discarded Queen (1856-7) (RM).
- The Young Duchess (sequel to Ellen Percy) (1856-7).
- Canonbury House; or, the Queen's Prophecy (1857-8) (RM).
- Mary, Queen of Scots (1858-9).
- "Mexico" in The Atlantic Monthly, 14 (81) (July 1864)
- "Borneo and Rajah Brooke" in The Atlantic Monthly, 18 (110) (December 1866)
Works about Reynolds