|←Author Index: Gi||Gildas
|British cleric renowned for his learning and literary style. His work On the Ruin of Britain is one of the primary historical records of his timealso known as Saint Gildas, Gildas the Wise (Gildas Sapiens), and Gildas of Badon (Gildas Badonicus); a prominent early|
- On the Ruin and Conquest of Britain (De Excidio et Conquestu Britanniae)
- The Penitential of Gildas
- Fragments of Letters
- History of the Britons (sometimes attributed)
Works about Gildas
- Life of Gildas by Caradoc of Llancarfan
- “Gildas,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Gildas,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.