Author:Grove Karl Gilbert
|←Author Index: Gi||Grove Karl Gilbert
Geologist, U.S. Geological Survey. President of the American Geological Society, 1892-1893 and 1909-1910
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "G. K. G."
- Report on the geology of the Henry mountains (1877)
- Lake Bonneville (1890)
- The Moon's face: a study of the origin of its features (1892).
- The Underground Water of the Arkansas Valley in Eastern Colorado (1896)
- Harriman Alaska Expedition, Volume 3: Glaciers and glaciation (1899)
- The San Francisco Earthquake and Fire of April 18, 1906, and Their Effects on Structures and structural materials with Joseph Austin Holmes, Richard Lewis Humphrey, John Stephen Sewell and Frank Soulé (1907)
- The transportation of débris by running water (1914)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "Rhythms and Geologic Time", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 57, August 1900
- "The Investigation of the San Francisco Earthquake", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 69, August 1906
Contributions to Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th ed.
Works about Gilbert