Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:Boethius.
|←Author Index: Bo||Hector Boece
|Scottish philosopher and historian; known in Latin as Hector Boecius or Boethius;|
- Vitae Episcoporum Murthlacensium et Aberdonensium (Lives of the Bishops of Murthlack and Aberdeen), 1522.
- Historia Gentis Scotorum (History of the Scottish People), 1527.
Works about Boece
- "Boece, Hector," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Boece, Hector," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Boece, or Boethius, Hector," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Hector Boece," in Catholic Encyclopedia, (ed.) by Charles G. Herbermann and others, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- "Boece, Hector," in A biographical dictionary of eminent Scotsmen, (ed.) by Thomas Thomson, Glasgow: Blackie and Son (1857, 2nd edition) in 9 vols.