Author:Henry Charles Beeching
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Be||Henry Charles Beeching
|English clergyman (Dean of Norwich), author, and poet |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "H. C. B."
- Conferences on books and men Volume 1 (1900) in 2 vols. v.1
- Poetical Works of John Milton edited after the original texts, Oxford : Clarendon Press, 1900.
- Religio laici : a series of studies addressed to laymen (1902) (external scan)
- Pages from a private diary (1903) (external scan)
- Francis Atterbury (1909) (external scan)
- Love in idleness : a volume of poems (1883) 
- Love's looking glass : a volume of poems (1891) 
- Lyra sacra : a book of religious verse (1895) 
- In a garden : and other poems (1895) 
- St. Augustine at Ostia : Oxford sacred poem (1896) 
- A paradise of English poetry (1899) 
- Two lectures introductory to the study of poetry (1901) 
- The apostles' creed : six lectures given in Westminster Abbey (1905) 
- The Bible doctrine of atonement : six Lectures given in Westminister Abbey (1907) 
- Provincial letters and other papers (1906) 
- William Shakespeare, player, playmaker, and poet; a reply to Mr. George Greenwood, M.P] (1909) 
- The grace of episcopacy and other sermons (1905) 
- George Borrow : a sermon preached in Norwich Cathedral on July 6, 1913 () 
Works about Beeching
- “Beeching, Henry Charles,” in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- “Beeching, Rev. Henry Charles, D.Litt.,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- “New Dean of Norwich — Canon Beeching appointed,” in The Times (1911)
- “Installation of Dean of Norwich,” in The Times (1911)
- “Funeral of the Dean of Norwich,” in The Times (1919)