Author:Henry Edward Manning
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A charge delivered at the ordinary visitation of the archdeaconry of Chichester in July, 1843 (1843)
- Rome and the Revolution (1867)
- Christ and Antichrist (1867)
- Petri Privilegium (1871) (transcription project), containing:
- The True Story of the Vatican Council (1877)
- The Eternal Priesthood (1883) ; (ed of 1883) (transcription project)
Works about Manning
- Cardinal Manning by Arthur Wollaston Hutton (1892) IA
- Life of Cardinal Manning, Archbishop of Westminster by Edward Sheridan Purcell (1895) in 2 vols. IA 1, IA 2
- "Manning, Henry Edward," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Manning, Henry Edward," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Manning, Henry Edward," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Manning, Henry Edward," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Henry Edward Manning," in Catholic Encyclopedia, (ed.) by Charles G. Herbermann and others, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- "Cardinal Manning", in Eminent Victorians (1918) by Lytton Strachey
- "Cardinal Manning", a biographical portrait by John McLure Hamilton from Men I Have Painted (1921).
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.