Author:Henry Hart Milman
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Mi||Henry Hart Milman
|English historian and ecclesiastic; Prebendary of St. Peter's, Westminster.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology. Articles written by this author are designated in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology by the initials "H. H. M."
- The life of Edward Gibbon, esq. (1839) (external scan)
- The History of Latin Christianity (1854) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- Life of Quintus Horatius Flaccus (1854) (external scan)
- Life of Thomas à Becket (1860) (external scan)
- Memoir of Lord Macaulay (1862) (external scan)
- The Agamemnon of Aeschylus and the Bacchanals of Euripides, with passages from the lyric and later poets of Greece (1865) (external scan)
- Annals of St. Paul's Cathedral (1868) (external scan)
- Savonarola, Erasmus, and other essays (1870) (external scan)
Works about Milman
- Henry Hart Milman, D.D., dean of St. Paul's (1900) (external scan)
- "Milman, Henry Hart," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Milman, Henry Hart," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Milman, Henry Hart," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)