Author:Henry Creswicke Rawlinson
(Redirected from Author:Henry Rawlinson)
|←Author Index: Ra||Henry Creswicke Rawlinson
British officer, archaeologist, and Assyriologist
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "H. C. R."
- The Persian Cuneiform Inscription at Behistun (1846-51)
- A Commentary on the Cuneiform Inscriptions of Babylon and Assyria (1850)
- Outline of the History of Assyria (1852)
- Notes on the Early History of Babylonia (1854)
- A translation of History by Herodotus, with John Gardner Wilkinson and George Rawlinson, 1858-1860.
- England and Russia in the East (1875)
- Articles on "Baghdad", "the Euphrates", and "Kurdistan" in the ninth edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica
- “Bagdad (city)”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (updated by John Punnett Peters)
- “Euphrates”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (in part)
- “Isfahan”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (History)
- “Kūrdistān”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (in part)
Works about Rawlinson
- "Obituary: Henry Creswicke Rawlinson", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 47, May 1895
- “Rawlinson, Henry Creswicke,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Rawlinson, Sir Henry Creswicke”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911