Author:John Gardner Wilkinson
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Wi||John Gardner Wilkinson
|English traveller, writer and pioneer Egyptologist of the 19th century|
- Materia Hieroglyphica, 1828
- The Topography of Thebes and General View of Egypt, 1835
- Manners and Customs of the Ancient Egyptians, including their private life, government, laws, arts, manufactures, religion, agriculture, and early history, derived from a comparison of the paintings, sculptures, and monuments still existing, with the accounts of ancient authors, (6 volumes, 1837-41).
- Vol 1 - (transcription project)
- Vol 2 - ?
- Vol 3 - ?
- Vol 4 - ?
- Vol 5 - ?
- Vol 6 - ?
- Dalmatia and Montenegro, 1848
- A translation of History by Herodotus, with Henry Rawlinson and George Rawlinson, 1858-1860
Works about Wilkinson
- "Wilkinson, Sir John Gardner," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Wilkinson, John Gardner," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Wilkinson, Sir John Gardner," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Wilkinson, John Gardner," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.