Author:John Gardner Wilkinson
|←Author Index: Wi||John Gardner Wilkinson
|English traveller, writer and pioneer Egyptologist of the 19th century|
- Materia Hieroglyphica, 1828
- The Topography of Thebes and General View of Egypt, 1835
- Manners and Customs of the Ancient Egyptians, including their private life, government, laws, arts, manufactures, religion, agriculture, and early history, derived from a comparison of the paintings, sculptures, and monuments still existing, with the accounts of ancient authors, (6 volumes, 1837-41).
- A translation of History by Herodotus, with Henry Rawlinson and George Rawlinson, 1858-1860
Works about Wilkinson
- “Wilkinson, Sir John Gardner,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Wilkinson, John Gardner,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Wilkinson, Sir John Gardner”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Wilkinson, John Gardner,” in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886 by Foster, Joseph, Oxford: Parker and Co., 1888–1892.