Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: St||Henry Stebbing
|English cleric, man of letters and editor|
- The Wanderers (1817)
- Minstrel of the Glen and other Poems (1818) (IA)
- History of Chivalry and the Crusades in Constable's Miscellany, vols. l. and li., 1830; (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- Lives of the Italian Poets, 1831, 3 vols.(external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3); 2nd edit. with numerous additions, 1832, 3 vols.; new edition in one volume, with omissions and alterations, 1860.
- History of the Christian Church in Lardner's Cabinet Cyclopædia, 1833, 2 vols. (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- Sermons on the Resurrection (1835) (HathiTrust)
- History of the Reformation in Lardner's Cabinet Cyclopædia, 1836, 2 vols. (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- History of Church of Christ from Diet of Augsburg, 1530, to the Eighteenth Century; originally intended as a continuation of Joseph Milner's History, 1842, 3 vols. (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3)
- The Church and its Ministers, 1844.
- History of the Universal Church in Primitive Times, 1845. (external scan)
- The Christian in Palestine, or Scenes of Sacred History; to illustrate sketches on the spot by William Henry Bartlett, 1847. (IA)
- Short Readings on Subjects for Long Reflection, 1849.
- (tr.) The Life and Times of John Calvin, the Great Reformer by Henry (1849) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- History of Christ's Universal Church prior to the Reformation, 1850, 2 vols.
- The long Railway Journey and other Poems, 1851. (external scan)
- Jesus: a poem in six Books, 1851. (IA)
- Christian Graces in Olden Time: Poetical Illustrations, 1852. (external scan)
- Near the Cloisters, 1868, 2 vols.; description of life in Norwich early in the 19th century.
Works about Stebbing
- "Stebbing, Henry (1799-1883)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- "Stebbing, Henry (2)," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.