Author:Herbert Edward Ryle
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ry||Herbert Edward Ryle
|KCVO; Bishops of Exeter and Winchester; Dean of Westminster and biblical scholar |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "H. E. R."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "H. E. R.*"
- The early narratives of Genesis; a brief introduction to the study of Genesis I-XI (1892)
- Psalms of the Pharisees, commonly called the Psalms of Solomon (1891)
- The canon of the Old Testament; an essay on the gradual growth and formation of the Hebrew canon of Scripture (1892)
- The Cambridge companion to the Bible (1893)
- Philo and Holy Scripture : or, The quotations of Philo from the Books of the Old Testament (1895)
- The books of Ezra and Nehemiah (1897)
- "Remember the days of old." Sermon preached in Westminster Abbey before the members of the International historical congress ([1913?])
- The Prayer of Manasses, 1913