Author:Herbert Jennings Rose
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:H. J. Rose.
|←Author Index: Ro||Herbert Jennings Rose
|Professor Latin at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth (1919–1927); Professor of Greek at the University of St Andrews. Made a fellow of the British Academy from 1934.|
- A Handbook of Greek Mythology, (1928)
- Modern Methods in Classical Mythology, (St. Andrews) 1930;
- A Handbook of Greek Literature from Homer to Lucian, 1934;
- Hygini Fabulae, 1934;
- A Handbook of Latin Literature, (1954)
- Primitive Culture in Greece, (London, 1925)
- Primitive Culture in Italy, (London, 1926; reprint 1971)
- A Handbook of Greek Mythology, (1929; sixth reprint 1958)
- Ancient Greek Religion, (London, 1948)
- Ancient Roman Religion, (London, 1949)
- Gods and Heroes of the Greeks, (London, 1957; many reprints)
- A Commentary on the surviving plays of Aeschylus, 1957-8
- Outline of Classical Literature for Students of English, (1959)
- “Mother-Right in Ancient Italy” in volume 31 (1920) pp. 93–108.
- “Folklore Scraps” in volume 31 (1920) pp. 319–320.
- “Asinus in Tegulis”, in volume 33, (1922), pp. 34–56
- “Asinus in Tegulis”, in volume 33, (1922), pp. 200–201.