Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Letters on the Improvement of the Mind (1773), in 2 vols. (transcription project)
- Miscellanies in Prose and Verse (1775)
- Letter to a New Married Lady (1777)
- The works of Mrs. Chapone: now first collected. Containing I. Letters on the improvement of the mind. II. Miscellanies. III. Correspondence with Mr. Richardson. IV. Letters to Miss Carter. V. Fugitive pieces. To which is prefixed, an account of her life and character, drawn up by her own family (1807), in 4 vols.
Works about Chapone
- "Chapone, Hester," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Chapone, Hester," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Chapone, Hester," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.