Author:Hester Lynch Piozzi
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Pi||Hester Lynch Piozzi
|Welsh author and salon-holder; commonly known as Mrs Thrale|
- Anecdotes of the Late Samuel Johnson, LL.D. During the Last Twenty Years of His Life (1786) (external scan)
- Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson, LL.D. (1788)
- Observations and Reflections made in the course of a Journey through France, Italy, and Germany (1789), in 2 vols.
- British Synonymy; or, An Attempt at Regulating the Choice of Words in Familiar Conversation (1794)
- Retrospection: or a Review of the most striking and important Events, Characters, Situations, and their Consequences which the last eighteen hundred years have presented to the Views of Mankind (1801), in 2 vols.
Works about Piozzi
- "Mrs. Thrale (Piozzi): the Friend of Dr. Johnson - Part I" by Rosaline Orme Masson in Littell's Living Age, 129 (1664)
- "Mrs. Thrale (Piozzi): the Friend of Dr. Johnson - Part II" by Rosaline Orme Masson in Littell's Living Age, 129 (1669)
- "Piozzi, Hester Lynch," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Piozzi, Hester Lynch," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Piozzi, Hester Lynch Salisbury," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)