Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Bo||Horatius Bonar
|Scottish churchman, hymn writer and poet |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "H. B-r."
- Hymns Original and Selected (1846)
- The night of weeping : or, Words for the suffering family of God (1852) 
- The desert of Sinai: notes of a spring-journey from Cairo to Beersheba (1857) 
- Hymns of faith and hope (1866) 
- God's way of peace: a book for the anxious (1870) 
- Light and truth : or, Bible thoughts and themes. The Acts and the larger Epistles (1870) 
- Light and truth : or, Bible thoughts and themes. The Gospels (1871) 
- The song of the new creation, and other pieces (1872) 
- "Are We the Ten Tribes?" (1880)
- Historical collections relating to remarkable periods of the success of the gospel (1845) 
- The Bible hymn-book (1860) 
Works about Bonar
- “Bonar, Horatius,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons
- “Bonar, Horatius,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.