Author:James Abram Garfield
|←Author Index: Ga||James Abram Garfield
|Chester Arthur, succeeding Rutherford Hayes; succeeded by Arthur. Republican House Representative from Ohio (1863 - 1881). Ohio infantry Major General (1861 - 1863). As president of the U.S., he was shot in July 1881 and died in September.20th President of the United States (1881), with|
- Inaugural address (4 March 1881)
Works about Garfield
- "President Garfield", by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Garfield, James Abram” by Alexander Johnston in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1888.
- “Garfield, James Abram,” by William Walter Phelps in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- “Garfield, James Abram,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Garfield, James Abram” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Garfield, James Abram,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Garfield, James Abram,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- William Walter Phelps, “James A. Garfield” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- “Garfield, James Abram,” in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- “Garfield, James Abram,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- “England to America” in Littell's Living Age, 151 (1949)