Author:James Abram Garfield
|←Author Index: Ga||James Abram Garfield
|Chester Arthur, succeeding Rutherford Hayes; succeeded by Arthur. Republican House Representative from Ohio (1863–1881). Ohio infantry Major General (1861–1863). As president of the U.S., he was shot in July 1881 and died in September.20th President of the United States (1881), with|
- Inaugural address (4 March 1881)
Works about Garfield
- "President Garfield", by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Garfield, James Abram” by Alexander Johnston in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1888.
- “Garfield, James Abram,” by William Walter Phelps in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- “Garfield, James Abram,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Garfield, James Abram” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Garfield, James Abram”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Garfield, James Abram,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- William Walter Phelps, “James A. Garfield” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- “Garfield, James Abram,” in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- “Garfield, James Abram,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- “England to America,” in Littell's Living Age, 151 (1949)