Author:James Augustus Henry Murray
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:James Murray.
|←Author Index: Mu||James Augustus Henry Murray
|Philological SocietyScottish lexicographer and philologist; primary editor of the Oxford English Dictionary from 1879 until his death; president of the |
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. A. H. M."
- Oxford English Dictionary
- "The Evolution of English Lexicography" Romanes Lecture. Oxford, 1900
- "English Language," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
- A New English Dictionary, on Historical Principles (Part I. A—ANT)
Works about Murray
- "Murray, Sir James Augustus Henry, LL.D., D.C.L., etc.," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Murray, Sir James Augustus Henry," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)