Author:James Balfour Paul
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Pa||Sir James Balfour Paul
Lord Lyon King of Arms (1890-1926)
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. B. P." in vol. 1
- History of the Royal Company of Archer (1875)
- (ed.) Record Series of Registrum Magni Sigilli, (1882-3)
- Handbook to the Parliament House (1884)
- Heraldry in relation to Scottish History and Art (1890).
- An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland (1893) 1st ed., (1903) 2nd ed.
- Memoir and Remains of John M. Gray in 2 vols. (1895)
- (ed.) The Scots Peerage Vol I., 1904, with successive volumes up to Vol. IX., which appeared in 1914
- (ed.) Accounts of the Lord Treasurer of Scotland Vols. II.-XI., 1900-1916
- "Ancient Artillery, with some notes on Mons Meg" in The Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, volume 50, 1915-1916
- (ed.) Scottish History Society, Diary of the Rev. George Ridpath, Minister of Stichill
Works about Paul
- “New Lyon King of Arms,” in The Times (1926)
- “Obituary: Sir James Balfour Paul, Scottish Herald And Antiquary,” in The Times (1931)