|←Author Index: Bo||James Boswell
|Author and biographer|
- Dorando, a Spanish Tale (1767, anonymously)
- An Account of Corsica (1768) (transcription project)
- The Hypochondriack (1777-1783, a monthly series in the London Magazine)
- "The Riot" (c.1780, a poem about the Gordon Riots)
- The Journal of a Tour to the Hebrides (1785) (External scan)
- The Life of Samuel Johnson (1791) (External scan)
- No Abolition of Slavery (1791 poem) Project Gutenberg
- Boswell's London Journal,1762-1763
- Boswell in Holland,1763-1764, including his correspondence with Belle de Zuylen (ZeÌlide)
- Boswell on the Grand Tour: Germany and Switzerland,1764
- Boswell on the Grand Tour: Italy,Corsica, and France,1765-1766
- Boswell in Search of a Wife, 1766-1769 (External scan)
- Boswell for the Defence, 1769-1774
- Boswell: the Ominous Years, 1774-1776
- Boswell in Extremes, 1776-1778
- Boswell: Laird of Auchinleck , 1778-1782
- Boswell, the Applause of the Jury, 1782-1785
- Boswell, the English Experiment, 1785-1789
- Boswell: The Great Biographer, 1789-1795
Works about Boswell
- 'Mr James Boswell', noted in The Confessions of William-Henry Ireland (1805)
- “Boswell, James (1740-1795),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Boswell, James” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Boswell, James” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Boswell, James” by Thomas Seccombe in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Boswell, James,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.