Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Br||James Bryce
|British jurist, historian and politician|
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "J. Br."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. Br."
- The Flora of the Island of Aran (1859)
- The Holy Roman Empire (1862)
- Report on the Condition of Education in Lancashire (1867)
- The Trade Marks Registration Act, with Introduction and Notes on Trade Mark Law (1877)
- Transcaucasia and Ararat (1877)
- The American Commonwealth (1888)
- Impressions of South Africa (1897)
- Studies in History and Jurisprudence (1901)
- Studies in Contemporary Biography (1903)
- The Hindrances to Good Citizenship (1909)
- South America: Observations and Impressions (1912)
- University and Historical Addresses (1913)
- Essays and Addresses on War (1918)
- Modern Democracies (1921)
- "Justinian I.," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Theodora (wife of Justinian)," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Tribonian," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "United States, The," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (Constitution and Government)
- "Russia and Turkey" in Littell's Living Age, 132 (1699), originally published in the Fortnightly Review, 1876
Works about Bryce
- "Bryce, James," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Bryce, Right Hon. James, P.C., D.C.L., etc.," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)