Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Bu||James Buchanan Jr.
|15th president of the United States (1857–1861), with John C. Breckinridge; 17th United States Secretary of State (1845–1849); Democratic Senator from Pennsylvania (1834–1845); Democratic House Representative from Pennsylvania (1821–1831); military volunteer, War of 1812|
- Ostend Manifesto (1854)
- James Buchanan's Inaugural Address (4 March 1857)
State of the Union addresses
- First State of the Union address (8 December 1857)
- Second State of the Union address (6 December 1858)
- Third State of the Union address (19 December 1859)
- Fourth State of the Union address (3 December 1860)
Articles about James Buchanan
- "Buchanan, James," in The American Cyclopædia (1879)
- “Buchanan, James” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- "Buchanan, James," by George Ticknor Curtis in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- "Buchanan, James," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Buchanan, James," in The Nuttall Encyclopædia, (ed.) by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd. (1907)
- "Buchanan, James," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- “James Buchanan” by George Ticknor Curtis in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- "Buchanan, James," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Buchanan, James," by Walter L. Fleming in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- "Buchanan, James," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)