Author:James Fergusson (1808-1886)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:James Fergusson.
|←Author Index: Fe||James Fergusson
|Scottish writer on architecture and mythology|
- The Illustrated Handbook of Architecture (1855). London: John Murray. Vol. I and Vol II.
- Architecture in Dharwar and Mysore (1866)
- Tree and Serpent Worship (1868)
- Rude Stone Monuments in All Countries: Their Age and Uses (1872). London: John Murray. (transcription project)
- History of the modern styles of architecture (1891). New York: Dodd, Mead. Vol. I and Vol. II.
- History of Indian and Eastern Architecture (1910)
- The Rock-cut Temples of India (1864) (transcription project)
- The Cave Temples of India (1880) (transcription project)
- A History of Architecture in All Countries (1887)
Works about Fergusson
- "Sketch of James Fergusson" in Popular Science Monthly, 31 (May 1887)
- "Fergusson, James (1808-1886)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Fergusson, James," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Fergusson, James," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)