Author:James Grant Wilson
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Wi||James Grant Wilson
|American author; served in the Civil War; published numerous addresses, essays, and articles in periodicals |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. G. W."
- Biographical Sketches of Illinois Officers (1862–1863)
- Love in Letters, Illustrated in the Correspondence of Eminent Persons (1867)
- Life of General Grant (1868–1885)
- Life of Fitz-Greene Halleck (1869)
- Sketches of Illustrious Soldiers (1874)
- Poets and Poetry of Scotland (1876)
- Centennial History of the Diocese of New York, 1775-1885 (1886)
- Bryant and His Friends (1886)
- Commodore Isaac Hull and the Frigate Constitution (1889)
- Life of General Grant (1897)
Contributions to the Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900
Contributions to Appletons'
- “Millard Fillmore” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- “William McKinley” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914 (update to an article by Joseph P. Smith)
- Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography (co-editor with John Fiske; 6 vols., 1886–1889)
- Memorial History of the City of New York
- The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914 (4 vols., 1914)
Works about Wilson