Author:James Knox Polk
(Redirected from Author:James K. Polk)
|←Author Index: Po||James Knox Polk
|John Tyler; succeeded by Zachary Taylor. 11th Governor of Tennessee (1839 - 1841), Democratic House Representative from Tennessee (1825 - 1839).Eleventh President of the United States (1845 – 1849), with George M. Dallas, succeeding|
- Inaugural Address (4 March 1845)
State of the Union addresses
- First State of the Union address (2 December 1845)
- Second State of the Union address (8 December 1846)
- Third State of the Union address (7 December 1847)
- Fourth State of the Union address (5 December 1848)
- “The Result of the Election,” in the The American Review: A Whig Journal Volume 1, February 1845
- “Polk, James Knox” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Polk, James Knox” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1885.
- “Polk, James Knox,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Polk, James Knox” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Polk, James Knox,” by William Robertson Smith in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “James K. Polk” by George Bancroft in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- “Polk, James Knox,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Polk, James Knox” by William E. Dodd in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Polk, James Knox,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.