Author:James Ormiston Affleck
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Af||James Ormiston Affleck
|Lecturer on Practice of Physic and on Clinical Medicine, Edinburgh Medical School; Physician to the Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh.|
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "J. O. A."
- (1872). On the Treatment of Dilatation of the Stomach by the Method of Kussmaul; with Cases. Edinburgh Medical Journal, 17(12), 1104-1115.
- (1873). Two Cases of Intussusception in Children. Edinburgh Medical Journal, 19(3), 238-243.
- (1875). Case of Shoulder Presentation, with Prolapse of the Cord and Rigid Os: Turning Impossible; Delivery by Spondylotomy. Transactions. Edinburgh Obstetrical Society, 3, 75-85. Co-authred with MacDonald, A.
- (1878). Case of Cancer of the Liver in a Young Child. Transactions. Edinburgh Obstetrical Society, 4, 58.
- A cold: what it means, its possible consequences and how to avoid it. in Health lectures for the people (1882)
- (1884). Clinical Observations on a Case of Perforating Gastric Ulcer. Transactions. Medico-Chirurgical Society of Edinburgh, 3, 77-83.
- (1884). On the Antipyretic Treatment of Typhoid Fever. British medical journal, 1(1220), 945-7.
- (1885). Periostitis in Typhoid Fever. British Medical Journal, 1(1271), 939-40.
- (1888). Observations on Two Cases of Raynaud's Disease (Symmetrical Gangrene). With Chromolithograph. British Medical Journal, 2(1458), 1269-1272.1.
- (1888). The Clinical Value of Temperature Observations in Some Acute and Chronic Diseases. Transactions. Medico-Chirurgical Society of Edinburgh, 7, 155-170.
- (1893). Observations upon Disease of the Appendix Vermiformis and Its Results. Transactions. Medico-Chirurgical Society of Edinburgh, 12, 214-227.
- (1907). Clinical Observations and Experiences in the Prognosis and Treatment of Lobar Pneumonia. Transactions. Medico-Chirurgical Society of Edinburgh, 26, 123-137.
Works about Affleck
- Sir James Ormiston Affleck. Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh,(1923) 42, 376-379. James, A.