Author:Johann Paul Friedrich Richter
(Redirected from Author:Jean Paul)Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:Jean Richter.
|←Author Index: Ri||Johann Paul Friedrich Richter
|German Romantic writer, pseudonym Jean Paul|
Jean Paul's works in English translation include
- "The Moon (Richter)"
- "The Death of an Angel"
- Army-Chaplain Schmelzle's Journey to Flætz, translated by Thomas Carlyle
- Life of Quintus Fixlein, translated by Carlyle
- The Death of an Angel and Other Pieces (1839)
- Reminiscences of the Best Hours of Life for the Hour of Death by Joseph Dowe (1841)
- Walt and Vult [Flegeljahre] by Eliza Lee (1846)
- The Campaner Thal: or, Discourses on the Immortality of the Soul, Juliette Bauer (1848)
- The Campaner thal, and other writings. 1864.
- Flower, Fruit, and Thorn Pieces, Edward Henry Noel (Boston: Ticknor and Fields, 1863) two volumes. —vol 1
- Titan, Charles Brooks (London: 1863; Boston: 1864)
- "Rome"; from Titan (1800). Brooks transl.. German Classics of the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, volume 4
- Hesperus; or Forty-Five Dog-Post-Days, a biography, two volumes. Charles Brooks (1864)
- Flower, Fruit, and Thorn Pieces by Alexander Ewing (1877)
- Maria Wuz, Francis and Rose Storr (Maria Wuz and Lorenz Stark, Longmans, Green, & Co, 1881)
- The Invisible Lodge, Charles Brooks (1883)
- Levana; or, the Doctrine of Education by Wood (1887)
Works about Richter
- Jean Paul Friedrich Richter. Thomas Carlyle
- Biographical Sketch of Jean Paul Friedrich Richter Carlyle.
- Life of Jean Paul Frederic Richter, Eliza Buckminster Lee. 3rd ed. Boston: Ticknor and Fields. 1864