Romanticism (or the Romantic era/Period) was an artistic, literary, and intellectual movement that originated in Europe toward the end of the 18th century and in most areas was at its peak in the approximate period from 1800 to 1840. Partly a reaction to the Industrial Revolution, it was also a revolt against aristocratic social and political norms of the Age of Enlightenment and a reaction against the scientific rationalization of nature.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Romanticism"
The following 77 pages are in this category, out of 77 total.
- Author:Théodore de Banville
- Author:Hector Berlioz
- Author:Marie-Henri Beyle
- Author:William Blake
- Author:Dimitrie Bolintineanu
- Author:Louis Hyacinthe Bouilhet
- Author:Manuel Bretón de los Herreros
- Author:Emily Jane Brontë
- Author:Robert Burns (1759-1796)
- Author:George Gordon Byron
- Author:Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer