Author:George Gordon Byron
|←Author Index: By||George Gordon Byron
|British poet and a leading figure in Romanticism, regarded as one of the greatest European poets; commonly referred to as Lord Byron|
Shorter poetic works
Refer to indices above
Longer poetic works
- English Bards, and Scotch Reviewers, a satire (1809)
- Hints from Horace (1811)
- The Curse of Minerva (1811)
- The Waltz, an apostrophic hymn (1813)
- The Giaour (1813)
- The Bride of Abydos, a Turkish tale (1813)
- The Corsair, a tale (1814)
- Ode to Napoleon Buonaparte (1814)
- Lara, a tale (1814)
- The Siege of Corinth (1816)
- Parisina (1816)
- The Prisoner of Chillon (1816)
- Monody on the Death of the Right Hon. R. B. Sheridan (1816)
- Manfred, a dramatic poem (1817)
- The Lament of Tasso (1817)
- Beppo, a Venetian story (1818)
- Childe Harold's Pilgrimage (1818)
- Mazeppa, a poem (1819)
- Ode on Venice (1819)
- The Prophecy of Dante, a poem (1819)
- The Morgante Maggiore
- Francesca of Rimini (1820)
- Marino Faliero, Doge of Venice, an historical tragedy (1821)
- Sardanapalus, a tragedy (1821)
- The Two Foscari, a tragedy (1821)
- Cain, a mystery (1821)
- The Vision of Judgment (1822)
- The Blues, a Literary Eclogue (1823)
- Heaven and Earth, a mystery (1823?)
- Werner, or The Inheritance, a tragedy (1823?)
- The Island, or Christian and His Comrades (1823)
- The Deformed Transformed, a drama (1824?)
- The Age of Bronze (1824?)
- Don Juan (left incomplete in 1824)
- Hours of Idleness (1807)
- Hebrew Melodies (1815)
- The Works of Lord Byron (1898-1905; ed. Coleridge, Prothero) Poetry, Vols. 1-7.
- "A Fragment" (1819)
Letters and Journals
The Complete Works
The Complete Works of Lord Byron with a Biographical and Critical Notice by J. W. Lake, Esq. Paris: Baudry, 1825
- Vol. I. Childe Harold's Pilgrimage Google
- Vol. II. Don Juan Google
- Vol. III. Don Juan, etc. etc. Google
- Vol. IV. Dramatic Pieces Google
- Vol. V. Dramatic Pieces Google
- Vol. VI. Dramatic Pieces and Poems Google
- Vol. VII. Miscellaneous Pieces Google
The Works of Lord Byron
The Works of Lord Byron: A New, Revised and Enlarged Edition with Illustrations. London: J. Murray; New York: C. Scribner's sons. 1898-1905.
- Poetry; ed. by E. H. Coleridge.
- Letters and journals; ed. by R. E. Prothero.
- Vol. I.
- Vol. II.
- Vol. III.
- Vol. IV.
- Vol. V.
- Vol. VI.
Works about Byron
- "Byron", in Essays and Studies (1875), by Algernon Charles Swinburne
- "Byron, George Noel Gordon, Lord" in The New Student’s Reference Work
- "Byron's Centenary", by George Edward Woodberry from Studies in letters and life (1890).
On his works