Author:John Charles Frémont
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Fr||John Charles Frémont
|American military officer, explorer, and the first candidate of the anti-slavery Republican Party for the office of President of the United States.|
- The Exploring Expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the Year 1842, and to Oregon and North California in the years 1843–'44. Washington: Gales and Seaton. 1845.
- The The Exploring Expedition to the Rocky Mountains, Oregon and California, to Which is Added A Description of the Physical Geography of California. With Recent Notices of the Gold Region from the Latest and Most Authentic Sources. Buffalo: Derby Orton & Mulligan. 1853.
- The Life of Col. John Charles Fremont and His Narrative of Explorations and Adventures in Kansas, Nebraska, Oregon and California. New York and Auburn: Miller, Orton & Mulligan. 1856.
Works about Frémont
- “To John C. Fremont,” a poem from In War Time by John Greenleaf Whittier
- “Obituary: John Charles Frémont,” in Popular Science Monthly, 37 (September 1890)
- “Frémont, John Charles,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- “Frémont, John Charles,” in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1906)