Author:John Churton Collins
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Co||John Churton Collins
|University extension teacher and advocate of the academic study of English literature.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. C. C."
- Bolingbroke, a historical study; and Voltaire in England (1886) (external scan)
- Illustrations of Tennyson (1891) (external scan)
- The study of English literature; a plea for its recognition and organization at the universities (1891) (external scan)
- Essays and studies (1895) (external scan)
- Treasury of minor British poetry, selected and arranged with notes (1896) (external scan)
- Ephemera critica; or, Plain truths about current literature (1902) (external scan)
- Jonathan Swift; a biographical and critical study (1902) (external scan)
- Critical essays and literary fragments (1903) (external scan)
- Studies In Shakepeare (1904) (external scan)
- Studies In Poetry And Criticism (1905)
- Voltaire, Montesquieu, And Rousseau In England (1908) (external scan)
- Greek influence on English poetry (1910) (external scan)
- “Theobald, Lewis,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works about Collins
- The posthumous essays of John Churton Collins (1912) edited by Lawrence Churton Collins
- “Collins, John Churton,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- “Collins, John Churton,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.