Author:John Dalton (1767-1844)
(Redirected from Author:John Dalton (1766-1844))Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:John Dalton.
|←Author Index: Da||John Dalton
|English chemist, meteorologist and physicist|
- Meteorological observations and essays (1793) (external scan) (1834 ed.)
- Elements of English Grammar (1801)
- A New System of Chemical Philosophy (1808) part 1 vol 1, part 2 vol 1, part 1 vol 2
- Memoir on sulphuric ether (1820) (short work) (external scan)
- The book of philosophical experiments (1839) (external scan)
Works about Dalton
- "Dalton, John (6)," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Dalton, John (1766-1844)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- "John Dalton and his Achievement: A Glimpse Across a Century" in Popular Science Monthly, 76 (May 1910)
- "Dalton, John," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- Dalton, in Biographies of Scientific Men (1912)
- "Dalton, John," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)