Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Fe||John Ferguson
|Scot, chemist and bibliographer; Professor of Chemistry in the University of Glasgow |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. F-n."
- Some early treatises on technological chemistry (1888) 
- Bibliotheca chemica: a catalogue of the alchemical, chemical and pharmaceutical books in the collection of the late James Young of Kelly and Durris in 2 vols. v.1 v.2
- describing 1300 books, it runs to over a thousand pages due to the wealth of bibliographical and biographical information provided for each entry.
- Bibliographical Notes on the Witchcraft Literature of Scotland
- "Vigani, John Francis," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- The first history of chemistry ([1886?]) 
- Books of secrets. A paper read before the Bibliographical Society, April 21, 1913 (1914) 
Works about Ferguson