Author:John Henry Poynting
|←Author Index: Po||John Henry Poynting
D.Sc., F.R.S. Mason Professor of Physics and Dean of the Faculty of Science, Birmingham University. Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. H. P."
- On the Transfer of Energy in the Electromagnetic Field, 1884
- The mean density of the earth, 1894 external scan
- A Text-book of Physics, 1907-14 Properties of Matter, Sound, Heat, Static electricity and magnetism
- The pressure of light, (short work) 1907 external scan
- The earth; its shape, size weight and spin, 1913 external scan
- Collected scientific papers, 1920 external scan
- “Acoustics”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Gravitation”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (in part)
- “Sound”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911