Author:John Henry Poynting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Po||John Henry Poynting
|D.Sc., F.R.S. Mason Professor of Physics and Dean of the Faculty of Science, Birmingham University. Fellow of Trinity College, CambridgeM.A., |
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. H. P."
- On the Transfer of Energy in the Electromagnetic Field, 1884
- The mean density of the earth, 1894 external scan
- A Text-book of Physics, 1907-14 (with Joseph John Thomson)
- The pressure of light, (short work) 1907 external scan
- The earth; its shape, size weight and spin, 1913 external scan
- Collected scientific papers, 1920 external scan
- "Acoustics," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Gravitation," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
- "Sound," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)