Author:John Lewis Burckhardt
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Travels in Nubia (to which is prefixed a biographical memoir) (1819) (external scan)
- Travels in Syria and the Holy Land (1822) Project Gutenberg
- Travels in Arabia (1829) Project Gutenberg
- Arabic Proverbs, or the Manners and Customs of the Modern Egyptians (1830) (external scan)
- Notes on the Bedouins and Wahabys (1831) (external scan)
Works about Burckhardt
- "Burckhardt, John Lewis," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Burckhardt, John Lewis," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Burckhardt, John Lewis," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.